Solved

Error code 62:224 Failed get media information for the volume.

• 8 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

I recently updated v9 to v11 and the next day I got this error “62:224 Failed to get media information for the volume. Failed to mount media with unique ID” and the backup didn’t run as scheduled. I can’t even restore anything.

icon

Best answer by Jordan 8 August 2022, 05:26

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @itsLuisa 

Is this for disk or tape media? Suspect it is tape? 

Was anything changed from tape library perspective at all?

Badge +1

@Jordan  Its a disk. Nothing has changed or modified before and after the software  update. Should re mounting the path resolve the issue?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Is the disk path online at all? Were jobs in a running state during the V9 to V11 upgrade? Or did you upgrade using a DR backup?

Badge +1

The path is online. No jobs were running at the time of upgrade. I didnt use DR backup for upgrade. @Jordan 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Might be best to log a support incident to review the logs. Generally if DR was used to restore and upgrade then there may be some mismatched volumes that could generate that error however if you didn’t use DR and did in place upgrade, then with jobs stopped, you shouldn’t be getting this error unless something else is not right on the disk library.

Badge +4

Hello,

have you solved the issue somehow? We are facing the same issue with 11.24.60 and 65..after updating from 11.24.43… where everything was working fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@LADISLAV KOREN , I’m not seeing a case created for @itsLuisa , so I can’t confirm.

If you can, open a support case and share the number here so I can track it.

Badge +4

Hi, case number W668177066