Solved

Exchange Index Server Issue after Release upgrade

• 19 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello Guys, 

since the upgrade from 11.25 to 11.28 i have an issue with our Exchange Index Server. 

On the Index Server the services are running fine and the content path is also the right one but i always get the issue “Content Server Down” when i try to search for a mailbox. 

The Index Server Backup itself fails with the error “Configured Content does not exist” even the path hasnt changed. 

Thanks in advance

BR Marcel 

icon

Best answer by Marcel_Hadler 21 September 2022, 07:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @Marcel_Hadler 

I would first check dm2web.log on webserver to see if its able to connect out to the index server during the find/browse. You can also check indexserver.log on the indexserver for any issues. The backup may or may not be related. In case there were any issues with action log playback run an incremental backup which will trigger a log replay as well and check indexstate.log

If nothing seems obvious best to open a case here.

Badge +1

Hi @Scott Reynolds , 

i have already figured out the issue. We had recently upgraded our commserv from 11.25 to 11.28 and in the upgrade process our index server crashed and did not finish the upgrade. End of the Story is that i have installed a new index server and i am reindexing the exchange mailboxes right now. 

Thanks for your help.

BR Marcel 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Well done, @Marcel_Hadler !