Question

Failed to connect to QSDK Server

• 25 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

Hello, 

I’m trying to create bunch of subclients on client using command lines. 

everything was working fine no issue. and i have created a lot of subclients using ths way.

suddenly, i start to get this error 

subclient: Error 0x202: Failed to connect to QSDK Server

sequence: 

• QLogin -cs commserver  -u user
  • User logged in successfully.
  • qcreate subclient -c client -a dataagenttype -b backupset -i instance -n subclient -sp storagepolicy -f content1
  • subclient: Error 0x202: Failed to connect to QSDK Server

any idea why this error started to pop up and how i can overcome it ? 

i have restarted the commserver services 

i have rebooted the server and the issue still exsist.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Muhammad Abdullah !

I have a few possible fixes:

• do a qlogout -all and retry.  could be that the account is already logged in causing an error (and the whole job collapses)
  • restart the CommVault Commands Manager service and retry
  • restart the services on the client machines in question - run ./cvping from the client to the CS on port 8400 - make sure there is no communication issues between the client and CS - try qlogin first and once connected run the command

If none of that helps, look at qcommand.log on the Commserve for the full job failure logging and share here.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

Hello @Mike Struening 

i think i have figured out why I get this error, it is because the QSDK service uses a dynamic port to connect each time you log in.

is there any way that i can route the qsdk service to use a specific port every time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

General thought:

If a network topology would be configured between the commserve and the client where qlogin is performed, this should route traffic through the https tunnel. Allowing for a static port setup (the tunnel port, default tcp 8403). Additionally if the default tunnel port config isn't sufficient, a tppm config for high range ports on top of the default tunnel config should do the trick.

Looking forward to thoughts on this idea

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

General thought:

If a network topology would be configured between the commserve and the client where qlogin is performed, this should route traffic through the https tunnel. Allowing for a static port setup (the tunnel port, default tcp 8403). Additionally if the default tunnel port config isn't sufficient, a tppm config for high range ports on top of the default tunnel config should do the trick.

Looking forward to thoughts on this idea

Hello @Jos Meijer 

im still stuck with the same issue, however, im trying to execute the commands from the commserv server itself.

im running out of options, is there any other suggestions?