Solved

Failed to mount

Badge +4

Recently deployed a FREL for granular level restores but getting failed to mount . Communication is proper and FREL has been restarted 

icon

Best answer by Abhi240995 16 May 2022, 09:49

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Abhi240995 

Is this a media agent which has been converted to a FREL or did you deploy the OVA?
Do you have log entries we can look at to identify the underlying issue?

Badge +4

I deployed V11.24 OVA

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Ok great 👍

Can you provide insight in the logs on the FREL? Probably cvd.log or fbr.log if I remember correctly when facing mount issues.

These can be retrieved by connecting via SCP to the FREL or send log files function in the CommCell.

Logs should be in /var/logs/Commvault/Log_Files/

Also are you browsing from a snapshot, disklibrary or tape storage policy copy?

Badge +4

find attached

Badge +4

Kindly help

Badge +4

Logs have been  uploaded , Kindly help

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Seems there is a connection failure from the FREL to the vCenter (have anonymized your environment info) :

1625 b5823 04/19 11:06:42 ### CVMWareInfo::Connect() - VISDKCppBridge::Connect failed [Error: ConnectFailure (Connection timed out)]
1625 b5823 04/19 11:06:42 ### CVMManualDiscVMInfoCache::PrepareVMInfo() - Error Connecting - Failed to connect to vCenter server [x.x.x.x] as user [<username>@<domain.suffix>] from access node [STKCVL001].  [Error: ConnectFailure (Connection timed out)]
1625 b5823 04/19 11:06:42 ### CVMManualDiscVMInfoCache::GetVMInfo() - Failed to prepare VMInfo object for x.x.x.x

Badge +4

Have checked all possible communications and all seemed to working fine . Finally have logged support case 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Just to be sure, as the log clearly states an connection error, have you logged on to the FREL and performed command line commands:

• cd /opt/commvault/Base
  • ./cvping <vcenter ip or dns address> -port 443

Badge +4

Hi Jos , 

checked cvping and ping are working absolutely fine  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Interesting….
If you want I can check the FBR.log, if so please provide the log.
Otherwise I am curious what the outcome of the support case will be.

Badge +4

Hi josh are u referring init_fbr.logs as dont see anything by fbr.log . just confirm 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Deploying a FREL now, will double check and let you know

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Encountering some deployment issues in the LAB, will have to fix this first before I can confirm.
Apologies for the inconvenience

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Jos Meijer , know you’re a busy guy 😎

any chance you were able to look at this?

@Abhi240995 same question….any updates on your side?

Badge +4

@Mike Struening & @Jos Meijer  Thanks for the assistance , issue got resolved by entering FREL entries into the hostname file 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Glad to hear it!!!