Solved

Failed to open file, File scan failed

• 26 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Question: I have a client that check readiness passes, I can browse to the drives, but its failing to backup.

I know in the past a reboot of the client solves this issue, what logs can I look at that tell me the reason for this.

Failed to open file [C:\Program Files\Commvault\ContentStore\iDataAgent\JobResults\CV_JobResults\iDataAgent\FileSystemAgent\2\6344\SysStateColInc.cvf] for output. Check that the file is not in use by another program. The open attempt returned error [The operation completed successfully. (ERROR_SUCCESS.0), First attempt to delete failed, checking attributes for retry attempt, File=[\\?\C:\Program Files\Commvault\ContentStore\iDataAgent\JobResults\CV_JobResults\iDataAgent\FileSystemAgent\2\6344\SysStateColInc.cvf], AccessedBy=[C:\Program Files\Commvault\ContentStore\Base\CLBackup.exe (69372)] (W32.0)].

icon

Best answer by Aplynx 26 May 2021, 22:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

If there is virus scan or endpoint software on this box, can you make sure that path “C:\Program Files\Commvault\ContentStore”  is excluded from scanning?  

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@MFasulo There is an exclusion in place 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

So it looks like the scan process is attempting to access the Job Results at the same time the client backup process is. Are there multiple backups running on this machine at the same time? Is there a clbackup process still running if you shut down the commvault services on the client? If there is a hung process then that would cause this issue.

More detail on AV exclusions: Recommended Antivirus Exclusions for Windows (commvault.com)