Solved

Failed to push Network Configuration for client

• 26 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4

Hello Commvault Community,

My client after updating to the latest version of HotFix 11.20.53. Client began to observe critical events in Event Report. (screen)

The problem is that the event description says about a failed to push Network Configuration attempt for Client - no information about which client. There are more and more events, and we don't know where to look for the problem. Is the problem global and threatens the environment and the jobs working with it?

I recommended my client to do DBmaintenence - full, I am waiting for the results.

I am asking for help and possible indication of where to look for the cause of the problem / how to solve this problem.

Thanks
Regards
Kamil

icon

Best answer by Stuart Painter 26 May 2021, 13:10

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Kamil 

You can check EvMgrS.log, CVD.log and maybe cvfwd.log for errors/messages around the same time as these events are created, that may help to narrow down the problem or the client affected.

Failed to push Network Configuration for client [] <-- I would expect the offending client to be shown in the brackets, but it’s not listed in the screenshot. 

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 4

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Kamil 

Thank you for the log cuts, these do explain the source of the error:

2128 4628 05/25 12:59:12 ### CWorkQueueRequest :: GetWorkQueueRequest () - [1] requests added to the thread pool.

2128 6a8 05/25 12:59:12 ### Started processing workQueueId = [68155], clientID = [1], worktoken = [5], createTime = [1621933105], lastUpdateTime = [1621933134], retryCount = [1] , flag = [0].

2128 6a8 05/25 12:59:12 ### CWorkQueueAdmin :: PushFirewallConfig () - Couldn't derive release ID for client [1]

2128 6a8 05/25 12:59:12 ### Failed processing workQueueId = [68155], ClientID = [1], workToken = [5], Attempt [2].

2128 6a8 05/25 12:59:12 ### CWorkQueueAdmin :: HandleFailureClientWorkerThreadAsync () - Failed to push firewall config to client []

2128 6a8 05/25 12:59:12 ### Completed processing workQueueId = [68155], clientID = [1], worktoken = [5], createTime = [1621933105], lastUpdateTime = [1621933134], retryCount = [1] .

The clientid[1] is not an actual client record, the first real clientid is 2, which is always the Commserve client record.

So these attempts to push network configuration for this client can be safely ignored and won’t have any operational impact.

It appears this is due to clientid=1 record incorrectly getting added to a smart client group and a network configuration push operation to the group generates these messages, since no clientid=1 exists.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 4

Thanks for the explanation @Stuart Painter 

What could be the reason why such events began to occur. The client claims not to add new clients / configure anything on the network. Only updated Hotfixes to the highest version.

Is there a way to fix this problem to prevent events from happening? Maybe DBMaintanence will solve the problem?

Thanks,
Kamil

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Kamil 

I doubt DBMaintenance will resolve this as that will help with database efficiency and reindex, etc.

Please would you raise a support case and private message me with the number.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Kamil , did you end up opening a case for this one?

If so, please share the case number/resolution.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Kamil , following up on this one.

Did you end up opening a case for this one?

If so, please share the case number/resolution.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Spawned new thread for recent update: