Solved

Failing backups after applying new additional license

• 15 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi all,

after applying new license for Azure, there are failing backups with the error - Enterprise backup capacity license is required to run jobs. (For Oracle and VM clients). Before uploading the license there were no such errors.

To run the backup it is needed to manually release-reconfigure the client after each backup.

Is it possible that new license could somehow overwrite the previous/default one?

Is it good idea to reapply the old licence and than investigate why new license is making problems?

Cheers!

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 15 November 2021, 16:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @drPhil !

What most likely happened is that the new license removed something (or converted it) so that it is now missing.

You won’t be able to apply an old license (they are sequentially coded), though the fix is likely an easy one.

You’ll need a new license key most likely, though the issue COULD be that your allotted features need to be adjusted.

I would suggest opening an incident with the Customer Support team so they can compare what you have, what you are using, and see what the license history shows (if you have both licenses, this is quite easy).

They will then be able to advise our Licensing Team on exactly what you need, get you a new key, and get things running!

Let me know the case number once created, and I’ll follow up accordingly!

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @drPhil !

What most likely happened is that the new license removed something (or converted it) so that it is now missing.

You won’t be able to apply an old license (they are sequentially coded), though the fix is likely an easy one.

You’ll need a new license key most likely, though the issue COULD be that your allotted features need to be adjusted.

I would suggest opening an incident with the Customer Support team so they can compare what you have, what you are using, and see what the license history shows (if you have both licenses, this is quite easy).

They will then be able to advise our Licensing Team on exactly what you need, get you a new key, and get things running!

Let me know the case number once created, and I’ll follow up accordingly!

Hi @Mike Struening ,

thanks for your input!

In fact, you were right. The newly applied license for Azure caused overwriting of the other valid licences. The solution was to contact the contractors, that were resposible for the new license and they asked them to create a new healthy and nonproblem license.

Have a great one!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Glad to hear it!!