Solved

FREL disappeared from console list

• 4 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Dear all,

we are running an 11.25 platform with a mix of Windows and Linux servers so we have installed two FREL to enable granular restore. Few days ago one of the FRELs just disappeared from the availability list, I mean it doesn’t appear anymore in the dedicated combo-box in the “Browse and Restore Options” dialog.

The Linux machine is regularly up and running.

Is there any way to recover it’s presence?

Thank you in advance for your help

Gaetano

icon

Best answer by Marcel Geisen 19 May 2022, 08:37

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Good morning.  Are you using a remote console or are you logged into the CommServe and viewing the Console there?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Orazan ,

I am using a remote console, installed on my PC

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Gaetano , any chance someone changed the OS on the FREL or the server?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Gaetano , following up to see if you have had any updates on this one.

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Oh yes, sorry for the late update.

Actually the Commvault folder on the FREL, for some yet unknown reason, just disappeared. I had to reinstall everything from scratch. I really don’t know how it could have happened, if you have any clue it would be the welcome

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Gaetano,

I suspect this could have been caused by an OS upgrade or perhaps the software was uninstalled. (Most likely causes)

You could check the Admin Job history of the FREL Client to see if there were any recent Uninstall Jobs etc.

Best Regards,

Michael

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Gaetano,

I suspect this could have been caused by an OS upgrade or perhaps the software was uninstalled. (Most likely causes)

You could check the Admin Job history of the FREL Client to see if there were any recent Uninstall Jobs etc.

Best Regards,

Michael

Hi @MichaelCapon , thank you for the suggestion. I checked it already but there is no uninstallation event logged. OS update? Maybe, even if this machine should have been disconnected from the web, but on this I couldn’t swear.

Best regards

Gaetano

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hey,

most of the time the disappear happens when linux installed in the background a new kernel, which get active after Reboot someday, when this Kernel version is not supportet for FREL it disappears in CV as FREL after Reboot. 

Supported Kernel you can check here:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/3515_block_level_backup_for_unix_system_requirements.html

Greets

Marcel