Solved

Google mail backup - oauth id

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi,

I have a case where customer is preventing user access using IMAP/POP to Google mail. Since Commvault is using IMAP to download e-mails it cannot work unless customer will enable IMAP access. There is a way in Google to do this selectively, specifically it can be narrowed to Oauth client IDs. I’m not sure if Commvault cloud app client uses Oauth at all, but I kind of wish for it.

So my question is this: does Commvault cloud app client have any Oauth ID which a customer may use to restrict IMAP access for Commvault only? If so, where can it be found?

icon

Best answer by Scott Reynolds 17 May 2022, 17:32

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Robert Horowski 
I am afraid that there is no way around this that I am aware because of the Google APIs that are required to be leverage for the backup.

Also note that creating virtual clients for Google mail/drive agents are deprecated in FR25 so I don't anticipate any changes to the agent only support for existing configurations.

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.25/expert/30105_google_mail_and_google_drive_deprecated.html

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @Scott Reynolds 

Thanks for your input, I was afraid it won’t be possible.

I heard about new agent coming out in the future:

Is there anything you could share about feature being available in new agent? I know it’s still being developed so there is no definitive answers and as always in that cases it can change without any notice, but let’s talk chances here - is it likely that this would be implemented or it won’t be necessary with new API?

Cheers!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Robert Horowski 

Yes there is some work ongoing and as I understand the API that is leveraged does NOT require IMAP/POP access. However as you noted this is still under review/development so nothing that can be confirmed at this point.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Thanks @Scott Reynolds 

Fingers crossed for new agent to be available soon.