Solved

How can we set an alert for Synthetic Full backups with status "Failed to Start"

• 11 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I dont see an option to set the alert when the Jobs “Failed to Start”

I’m currently running this query daily to generate a report of such jobs 

SELECT startdate    ,clientname    ,idataagent    ,instance    ,backupset    ,subclient    ,backuplevel    ,jobstatus    ,jobid FROM CommcellBackupInfo WHERE jobstatus = 'Failed to Start' and backuplevel = 'Synthetic Full' and iDataAgent = 'Virtual Server' and startdate >= DATEADD(day, -1, GETDATE()) order by jobid desc ;

But how can i get a real time alert for whenever any job “Failed to Start”

icon

Best answer by Jos Meijer 11 August 2022, 10:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

You can set up alerts based on event description and event codes.

If you have an example of an job, not down the event code or the text within the event description.

Create an custom alert and select category Operation - type Event Viewer Events and configure from there.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Thank you @Jos Meijer 

That helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

so this would be the event code and description that i could use to add that alert.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi alligator,

that’s the error reported on the job status as being the reson for the failing job. You may use that one as it is mostly in line with the actual Event that pops up in Event Viewer. However, they might not always match. So, more accurate would be to check the events of that job (its on another tab of the job details) and pick the specific event that covers exactly that issue. Use the text and/or error code of that specific event as a basis for your alert.