Solved

How do I create a support incident?

• 6 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Dear all,

I am afraid this is a bit weird question but I can’t find a way to create a support incident. I am able to browse them but I don’t see any “create” button anywhere.

Any help will be appreciated.

Gaetano

icon

Best answer by Gaetano 6 February 2023, 19:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

final update to this question. Likely there was a little problem in our Commvault profile which has been fixed by the support team. Now we have the “Create” button.

Thank you

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Brian Bruno ,

I just checked and my CommCell ID is there, in the field of the Associated CommCells.

Gaetano

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Gaetano,

I see that your organization has multiple Commcells - one of which that has a renewed contract, and the other is expired (Metallic SaaS).  Let’s make sure that your account that you’re logging into ma.commvault.com with is associated with the Commcell with the active Service Contract.

You can confirm by clicking on your name in the Upper Right hand corner of the site and clicking ‘Manage my Profile’.

There you will find an ‘Associated Commcells’ list that will show each Commcell you’re associated with.  Please make sure that you see the appropriate Commcell listed there.  If the correct Commcell ID is not listed there and you don’t have the option to add it yourself, then you may need to have the Parent Account Holder login and add your sub-account to that Commcell.

The username for the Parent Account is the Commcell ID itself.  If there’s any question as to who should have the password to that account, the folks over at the support@commvault.com alias will be able to help identify the contact information for the user with the necessary access.

-Brian Bruno

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Brian Bruno,

thank you for your answer and your clarification.

This is what I see in my MA

so I assume I still cannot create any incident.

To my knowledge we have signed a few days ago a new maintenance contract directly with Commvault, I will check internally for confirmation.

Gaetano

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Gaetano,

Do you have a Maintenance Advantage account (ma.commvault.com)?  You’ll need a login to that portal in order to log a Support incident without calling into the hotline.

If you do not have a Maintenance Advantage account already, whoever is the primary Account Holder for your company has the necessary access to create a sub-account for you.  Once you are logged into ma.commvault.com, you will see a Create a Support Incident button towards the top :

If you do not have a Maintenance Advantage account, and do not know who the primary account holder would be for your organization, you can always send an email to support@commvault.com and one of the Frontline engineers will be able to get you what you need to get an account created.

Alternatively, you can always reach us by phone to open a Support incident as well.  You can find the list of our hotline numbers arranged by geographical region at the following link :

https://ma.commvault.com/Support/TelephoneSupport

-Brian Bruno