Solved

How much disk space is needed for a new Media Agent?

• 19 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello everyone, everything good?

I'm doing a clean install of CommVault for an environment of up to 500 virtual machines.

I chose the CommCellSizing Medium setting:

Medium: supports up to 500 servers, or 1000 virtual machines, or 5000 laptops in a single CommCell environment. 8 CPU cores | 32GB RAM | 200 GB of disk space for CommServe database

I'm having doubts about this disk provisioning for the Database. Is 200GB a size that already considers growth over time or is it just for initial installation?

Is it a good practice to have a partition just for the Database and separate the other solutions (Content Store)? Or does it make any difference in terms of performance?

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 19 January 2022, 17:11

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Alexandre Oliveira , hope all is well!

Have you checked out this article?

This should answer most of your questions.  The sizing is based on growth, though that’s very subjective.  If you expect growth to lean into the bigger use cases, it might be better to start with the bigger model.

There’s also definitely value in separate drives/partitions for the different databases/solutions.  It makes performance monitoring and sizing much easier.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

That's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you for the support and technical clarity in explaining the questions @Mike Struening.