Solved

How to download the "CommServe Failover package"?

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

I’m working on configuring LiveSync and the instructions (from https://documentation.commvault.com/11.26/expert/105056_installing_commserve_failover_package_on_production_commserve_host.html) say to download the CommServe Failover Package but I don’t see that anywhere under the Documents and Packages link.  

What’s the trick to finding and downloading this package?

Ken

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 21 July 2022, 16:30

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Ken_H !

You can download the software distribution kit here:

https://ma.commvault.com/ESD?fv=11.0

Then the Commserve Failover is one of the options:

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Weird.  When I follow that link I see a totally different page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

The option shown is within the installer.

To get the installer download the software distribution kit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

My bad, @Ken_H !  Download the Software Distribution Kit.  When you run that, it will pull down whatever options you select.

What I did for my screenshot was to select the option to download packages to install on another server.

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

I swear I’m not trying to be difficult but when you say to download the “Software Distribution Kit”, do you mean the most recent “Maintenance Release”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Nope 🙂 you need this one

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Not a problem, @Ken_H !

On the main download page, there’s 2 columns.  One is for the Maintenance Releases (where you are above) and the second is the full software/install download.

You want to click the red button in the Software Distribution Kit column (for whatever Feature Release you want).

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

My apologies, in my rush I was looking at the section heading (“Long Term Support Releases”) and not the column headings.  I appreciate your help.

Ken

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Always, @Ken_H !

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

One final question:  I’m running 11.28.8 and am working on configuring Live Sync but the Software Distribution Kit is release 11.24.  Should I be concerned about the difference in versions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Please download the 11.28 distribution kit.

For a 11.28 commserve the 11.24 fail over package will not install.

On the download page you can scroll down to download the 11.28 a.k.a. 2022e version of the distribution kit

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Thank you for the clarification. 

Again, I appreciate the help and don’t mean to be difficult but:  How are clients supposed to know that “2022e” equals “11.28”?  If possible I’d ask that reference to “11.28” be included somewhere on that entry.  “11.28” is what I’ve been searching for this whole time.

Ken