Solved

How to estimate Front End data size

• 2 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

I would like to know how to find Front End Terabytes size of my backups.

I see there is Chargeback report in Metrics Reporting which could do the job, but it shows nothing (no idea why): 

There is no data available for this report. Verify if one or more successful backup jobs were run on any of the registered CommCells.

I tried Backup job summary report, which shows Application Size and I can filter it to only full backups, but some of fulls are backed up twice a week, some once, so result could not be perfect. 

Commvault 11.24.72

Regards,

Mateusz

icon

Best answer by Gseibak 2 December 2022, 16:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Mateusz,

make sure its enabled to upload that info to metrics from control panel - Private Metrics reporting and General tab

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/59919_general_tab_options_in_private_metrics_reporting_dialog_box.html

• Chargeback: When selected, enables data collection for the Capacity report and he Chargeback report. To disable data collection for these reports, clear this option.

• Daily: To display the calculated chargeback over a day, select this option.

• Weekly: To display the calculated chargeback over a week, select this option.

• Monthly: To display the calculated chargeback over a month, select this option.

Badge +2

HI Gary,

Thanks for reply. I had unchecked Chargeback option in Control Panel indeed. Thanks!

Mateusz