Solved

How to free up space on the Commvault Appliance HS3300?

• 26 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hello !

We have a Commvault Appliance HS3300. For some reason, space in the disk library is not freed up. I do View Contents - 64 TB out of 250 TB are occupied, and 9 TB are free at the disk library level. Did it several times Data Aging, Data Verfication - didn't help. How to free up space on the Appliance?

icon

Best answer by Orazan 26 July 2022, 12:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

If this is deduplicated data, there is no expectation to have physical space freed up when deleting jobs or when they hit natural retention.  Deduplicated blocks of baseline data will not be freed up until every job that references a block of data has been aged.  Until then, the references to a block of data will be logically pruned but the physical block of data will not be removed.

If you run a Data Retention and Forecast Compliance (DRFC) report for the library/storage policy in question, it will list the reasons that each job is being held in retention.  You can upload a copy here for review if you wish.

Badge +4

Hi @Orazan  !

Thank you for info.

I made a report as you suggested. We have to wait. But earlier, I remember there was some kind of error on these Appliance due to the fact that the free space was incorrectly reflected. I don't remember how this situation should have been treated.