Solved

How to restore Edge Chromium favorites bookmarks with Migration Assistant ?

• 7 February 2022
  • 12 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

Is there someone use Migration Assistant tool to migrate Edge Chromium User favorites ? 

It seems the migration Assistant Tool only include IE favorites but not the Edge one.

Thanks for your help

icon

Best answer by somesh 8 February 2022, 08:40

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @L.Schmitz 

Thank you for the question and welcome to the Community!

I’ve been reviewing Documentation Components Migrated by the Migration Assistant for Windows Computers.

This describes Internet Explorer Settings that are included in the migration. 

Edge is not included, so this looks to be expected behaviour.

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge

FR25 onwards, support for Edge, Google chrome and Mozilla Firefox is there in migration assistant.

Badge +2

FR25 onwards, support for Edge, Google chrome and Mozilla Firefox is there in migration assistant.

Thanks for this information. 

Is this version is already available for production or still in beta ? 

Badge

Thanks for this information. 

Is this version is already available for production or still in beta ? 

General Availability date  FR 25 was November 15, 2021. so yes its available.

Feature Release Schedule and Lifecycles (commvault.com) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@L.Schmitz 

I’m also working with @somesh and teams internally to have Documentation updated to show the additional features in FR25 Migration Assistant.

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +2

Sorry to reopen this ticket but since the upgrade from 11.24 to 11.25.19, when we try to restore user information with “Migration Assistant” , we receive this error message : 

Error Code: [23:93]
Description: Error in initializing the mapping file restore. No mapping file found and users choice allows only map-based restore. Nothing to restore.
Source: wpwmslas01, Process: clRestore

Is this linked to new version ? 

Also, i checked the logs and i don’t know if the migration tool use this path to migrate Edge Favorites : 

Sending source path '\{20d03aa2-7726-42d8-8381-fdda7a8a1c47}\SmartContent\cssf\schmitz_l\%LOCALAPPDATA%\MicrosoftEdge' with strip level 5

But if it is, the correct path is Sending source path '\{20d03aa2-7726-42d8-8381-fdda7a8a1c47}\SmartContent\cssf\schmitz_l\%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Edge' with strip level 5 

There is a backslah between Microsoft and Edge. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@L.Schmitz , open a support case for this error.  We’ll need to look at the backup details/results as well as the restore to see if it’s a matter of the backup itself, or the restore of that data,

Can you provide the case number here once you do?

Thanks!

Badge +2

@L.Schmitz , open a support case for this error.  We’ll need to look at the backup details/results as well as the restore to see if it’s a matter of the backup itself, or the restore of that data,

Can you provide the case number here once you do?

Thanks!

Hi,

Here is 220211-333

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @L.Schmitz 

Just checking a few thoughts.

Which clients have been updated to FR25? 

You will need to update both the source and the destination clients.

Before performing a migration, I would like to check that you have also performed a new full backup (with FR25) on the source client so that all the data is captured before attempting migration.

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +2

Hi @L.Schmitz 

Just checking a few thoughts.

Which clients have been updated to FR25? 

You will need to update both the source and the destination clients.

Before performing a migration, I would like to check that you have also performed a new full backup (with FR25) on the source client so that all the data is captured before attempting migration.

Thanks,

Stuart

Both clients have been updated (source and destination).

New full backup has been done on the source computer.

Still the same error. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @L.Schmitz 

Ok, thanks for confirming, we need to check this further.

I’ll track the support case as that’s the best way forward now.

Thanks,

Stuart