Solved

HSX RA nodes as VSA proxies and FREL

• 1 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hello community,

When deploying an HSX RA block, does the nodes get automatically configured with the VSA component right out of the box?

Moreover, can I use the nodes as FREL (File Recovery Enabler for Linux)? Right out of the box?

Considering that the virtual environment has Windows and Linux VMs. It is required that we deploy a Windows VSA proxy in order to restore Windows VM files?

Kind regards,

Pedro

icon

Best answer by Jos Meijer 2 February 2023, 15:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Pedro,

Mike from the SDS team here, currrently the HSX nodes do come installed with the Virtual Server agent as part of their Default package however, in regards to FREL that is not the case.

If you wished to explore the options for FREL the HSX can be used for this but you will need to follow the setup guide in the documentation below:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/107748_access_nodes_and_file_recovery_enablers_for_linux.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

In addition to Michael's reply, the HSX node is already enabled as FREL from a software perspective.
The procedure he mentioned is needed to assign a FREL to the hypervisor instance config.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

In addition to Michael's reply, the HSX node is already enabled as FREL from a software perspective.
The procedure he mentioned is needed to assign a FREL to the hypervisor instance config.

Jos, this is what I needed to know. I thought from Michael's answer that I would need to deploy the FREL software component in the HSX nodes. But as you are saying, I don't.

Whats the exact procedure to assign a FREL to the hypervisor instance config?

Regards,

Pedro

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

You can assign a FREL by right clicking the VMware instance and select properties (1.)

Select the tab Access Nodes (2.)

Select the FRL from the drop down menu (3.)

If for some reason the node doesn’t show as FREL you will need to get the MA converted after all.
But I never had to do that.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

You can assign a FREL by right clicking the VMware instance and select properties (1.)

Select the tab Access Nodes (2.)

Select the FRL from the drop down menu (3.)

If for some reason the node doesn’t show as FREL you will need to get the MA converted after all.
But I never had to do that.

Thank you very much!

Regards,