Solved

Index Migration

• 18 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hi,

maybe you have an idear :) 

We are migration index V2 from 1 vm to another vm. the index is used only for Exchange Online Backups. 

The migration time is very slow ! We had 750 Mailbox so 750 Indexes and it takes 15 minuts for each mailbox. I looks like an timeout or an wait ore something like this. 

The side effect is that the recall is not working for all mailboxes. 

icon

Best answer by Orazan 18 July 2022, 19:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Good afternoon.  Are you running an index migration workflow?  As there are only 750 users, you may just want to change the index server in the configuration.  This is going to start the index restore to the new server.  Once the index restore is started, change it back to the old server.  This will allow you to utilize the old server while the index restore is happening on the new server.  Once the index restore completes, you can switch the configuration back to the new server for good.  This should have less downtime for browses and restores.

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hey Orazan,

thanks for the reply. We had only changed the config and the index restore process started. 

When we now switch back the config the index migration is still running ? But what happend when the index migration is done we had 5 or 6 days new backups with new index data. 

We got also more side effects… When we do an browse and restore over java gui we did not see all mails which are backuped… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’ll defer to @Orazan , though I believe you need to pause backups until this is complete.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@SSchmidt following up on this one.  Were you able to get this one resolved?

I looked for a case for this in your name but came up blank.

Thanks!