Solved

Insight for problematic portions of data in logs

Userlevel 4

Hello Commvault Community,

When we try to restore out of place data from Microsoft DFS servers, we get a message that some files cannot be restored.

"Reparse points failed to be restored as this is an out-of-place restore. Please check the restore result for more details "

We want to find out from which logs we can find which files weren’t restored when restoring DFS data to a server not covered by DFS replication.

If we need to increase the logging level, for which logs?

Thanks&Regards,
Kamil

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 6 July 2022, 22:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

You should be able to run a job summary report and include failed files on the restore or view failed files by right clicking on the job in the backup history.

Userlevel 4

Hi @Aplynx 

Thanks for the suggestion. We checked both options.

1. View Failed Items in Job History - for Restore operation history, there isn’t such option (screen1)

2. Report results: (I will only add that the VM is restored ok - but the PASS THROUGH disk that is backed up with the File System agent ends with the error Code 23: 146 - as in the above-attached screen2).

We still can't see the items that couldn't be recovered. Is there any other option or in which log should we look for such information.

Rgrds,
Kamil

Userlevel 4

Hi,

Due to the fact that the client cannot send me too much logs, he needs to indicate to him where such information may be.

Does anyone know exactly in which logs can be found information, which files haven’t been restored?

Thanks,
Kamil

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Kamil , did you ever get an answer for this one?  The job results folder will contain this information, but those files might have aged off by now (and likely did when you checked since the reply was empty in the report).

Badge

@Kamil 
I just came across this and yeah, its on older thread, but for future users:

It is under the Job history, if you select the restore job, then select view Restore Items, you will see additional options to see Failed Files.

Hope that helps