Question

Is there a way to control when the synthetic full in a server plan runs?

• 31 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hello,

I am still tryin to get used to server plans. Consider the following requirements:

• weekly full backups on Fridays
  • incrementals on the other days of the week

If I create a server plan, with a 1 week retention, I understand it will run a synth full every 7 days. but when? will it be on Friday? Can I control this via backup window?

If I do not have a full backup windows defined in the plan, synth fulls are controlled by the backup window as the incrementals?

Regards,

Pedro

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @PedroRocha ,

Can you check this Post for a similar question:

Best Regards,

Sebastien

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@PedroRocha 

To ensure that synthetic full runs on preferred day of week, you can use Blackout Window for Synthetic full operation at Global System, Company or Server group levels.

Creating a Blackout Window (commvault.com)

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi @PedroRocha ,

Can you check this Post for a similar question:

Best Regards,

Sebastien

So, you would suggest me to change the automatically created synth full schedule from automatic to manual and indicate it to run weekly?

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

@PedroRocha

To ensure that synthetic full runs on preferred day of week, you can use Blackout Window for Synthetic full operation at Global System, Company or Server group levels.

Creating a Blackout Window (commvault.com)

So, if there's an automatic synth full schedule to run every seven days, I would create a blackout window excluding sat-thu, so it would run on friday?