Solved

iTeamsUseProtectedAPIs vs. client1_iTeamsUseProtectedAPIs

• 11 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

I would appreciate some clarification / confirmation here. What is the difference between the iTeamsUseProtectedAPIs and the client1_iTeamsUseProtectedAPIs additional settings?

Does "client1” needs to be replaced by something :relaxed: ?

Is it correct that these additional settings must (can) be placed on an access node alone (e.g. not on the CommServe)?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Damian Andre 13 August 2021, 14:52

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @iConsultant,

I need to further verify but I think iTeamsUseProtectedAPIs is access-node wide (will effect any client with backups running through that proxy), whoever as client1_iTeamsUseProtectedAPIs you can narrow it down to jobs associated with a specific client even though the access-node is processing jobs from multiple clients (in this case client1 would be renamed to the name of the client). This would be important for a shared infrastructure / MSP scenario.

Makes sense that it goes on the access node and not the commserve

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Damian Andre, In the MSP scenario there could be 1 Client (access node) which could serve several (end) customers. I am not sure how renaming client1 to the name of client would fit in, unless (now I think about it) with client here something as the name of a specific Office 365 App would be meant.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Correct but the client will be the virtual client ( Exchange Mailbox client) not the physical access node. Just trying to get confirmation.

edit: confirmed here in this KB: https://kb.commvault.com/article/67692

1. To run backup for a specific client only, create the additional setting client1_iTeamsUseProtectedAPIs, and set its value to 1.
Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi, I can use an access node for Teams backups of different tenants, who don't necessarily backup Exchange Online.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi, I can use an access node for Teams backups of different tenants, who don't necessarily backup Exchange Online.

Ah yes - prior to fr22 I believe you needed mailbox confit to backup teams but now there is a dedicated agent. In this case you would use the teams virtual client name for the additional setting