Solved

just upgraded to 11.28 and started getting this WARNING s3 bucket

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Can someone help explain what this means to a rookie commvaulter.  We just upgraded to 11.28 and I notice we are getting the following WARNING:

Program - CVMA  Description - WARNING: The S3 bucket [cvcloudbackup] is versioning enabled, but the current credential may not have s3:ListBucketVersions permission to list versioned objects for deletion.

Im guessing something has changed within 11.28.x version? or ?

thanks - BC

icon

Best answer by Damian Andre 22 June 2023, 09:40

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @bc1410 ,

This is fixed in MR23, can you confirm what is yours? Can you update to MR63?

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/assets/service_pack/updates/11_28_63.htm

Too many warning messages for cloud library with versioning enabled bucket.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

we are at 11.28.63

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

All the Media Agents also?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Our entire environment is on AWS EC2 instance the commvault server is an all in one instance (commserve, media agent..)

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@Sebastien Merluzzi   is this a bug with 11.28?   

I checked with a co-worker who does the AWS tasks and he informed me that on the AWS side versioning is disabled

SNIP

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Does anybody have any suggestions why all of a sudden we started getting this s3 bucket WARNING in the commcell Event Viewer?  We are at 11.28.63.   On AWS side Versioning is DISABLED.

Thanks

BC

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@bc1410 ,

I think we would need to check and confirm with Development if needed, are you able to log a case?

Best Regards,

Sebastien

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@Sebastien Merluzzi sorry for the late reply.. I do currently have a case open with support..

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@bc1410 

What is the case number so I can check?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

sure no problem - 

case#  

Incident 230612-780

Thanks

BC

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Closing off this thread as it has good info:

There was a change in SP28 on how we handle versioning. This regularly checks regardless of whether versioning is disabled or not and will generate the warning if the ListBucketVersions permissions is not set. However, we do have the following key that can be implemented with a value of 0 that will disable the warning so it will no longer be encountered. This will need to be placed on the MediaAgents that have access to the cloud library:

Name: nCloudDeleteVersionedObjects

Category: MediaAgent

Type: Integer

Value: 0

We have also updated our documentation to reflect the updated permissions needed: https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/121563_amazon_s3_access_secret_keys.html

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Thanks 

Yes per support as Damian Andre posted.   

I was a little slow in posting supports resolution to the thread.   Thanks Damian

BC