Solved

Linux Install cvpkgadd not working

• 12 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi! 

sometimes we have to install custom packages on Linux VMs because the installation from the CommCell is not working. (idk why). We copy the custom package on the Linux VM and executing the ./cvpkgadd binary. The installation interface starts and everything is fine. Now, I’m trying to do the same thing and only get this message:

root@srv /tmp/cvmedia/unpacked/pkg # ./cvpkgadd
Using update installer /tmp/cvmedia/unpacked/pkg/linux-x8664/LooseUpdates/CU3/linux-glibc2.3-x86_64/installer/newinstall.gz running as /root/.gxsetup/cvpkgadd/newinstall:
root@srv /tmp/cvmedia/unpacked/pkg #

I used 11.20.32 and also 11.20.3 (downloaded from the CV website)

I tried it on three Ubuntu VMs.

Any idea?

icon

Best answer by Gowri Shankar 12 February 2021, 19:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Use the following permissions on the install binaries and retry the install

chmod -R 775 /tmp/cvmedia

chown -R root:root /tmp/cvmedia

Rerun ./cvpkgadd as root 

The install may also fail if /tmp is mounted with noexec option which would prevent any executables run run on /tmp mount. If this is the case them move the install binaries to any other mount and retry the install.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks, chmod did the trick, but I’m not sure why. We used the same installation routine in the past. Anyway, thanks!

Badge +1

Hi! 

sometimes we have to install custom packages on Linux VMs because the installation from the CommCell is not working. (idk why). We copy the custom package on the Linux VM and executing the ./cvpkgadd binary. The installation interface starts and everything is fine. Now, I’m trying to do the same thing and only get this message:

root@srv /tmp/cvmedia/unpacked/pkg # ./cvpkgadd
Using update installer /tmp/cvmedia/unpacked/pkg/linux-x8664/LooseUpdates/CU3/linux-glibc2.3-x86_64/installer/newinstall.gz running as /root/.gxsetup/cvpkgadd/newinstall:
root@srv /tmp/cvmedia/unpacked/pkg #

I used 11.20.32 and also 11.20.3 (downloaded from the CV website)

I tried it on three Ubuntu VMs.

Any idea?

This Resolved my Installation issue, setup worked now, Thanks a lot for your help.