Question

Linux MediaAgent Mount Path is inaccessible

• 17 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi all,

I’m currently running commvault 11.30.23.

Decided to give a try with Linux Media Agent Disk Library

My setup is the following:

RHEL 8.6 fully patched

Roles:
MediaA
Index Store
Index Gateway
Index Extractor
FS core
FS
Virtual Server

Mount points created with lvm.

1x for backup with 500 GB

1x for ddb with 250 GB

/dev/mapper/vgbck1-lvbck1  500G   68G  433G  14% /commvault-lvbck1

/dev/mapper/vgddb1-lvddb1  200G  2.6G  198G   2% /commvault-lvddb1

and the / with 100 GB

Also Ransomware protection is enabled.

What happens is, after some backpus the disk library goes offline.

And then the following message is displayed:

Offline (Mount path is inaccessible. Check the following.\na. Is the mount path visible to the operating system on the MediaAgent machine.\nb. Is the username/password correctly entered.\nc. Does this user have read/write privileges to this mount path.)

If i restart the services or the server, it stays online for a few minutes and then goes offline again.

This is a LAB environment, I’m testing before I deploy the server to production.

Any help welcome

regards

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Could be a few things but difficult to tell without logs. Is SELinux disabled? that could be preventing a periodic check

Otherwise cvd.log or cvma.log may have more details on why it becomes inaccessible.

Badge +2

Hi,

disabled SELinux, also firewalld service disabled for testing purposes, same issue, i’ll have a look at the logs.

the strange thing is, i’ve deployed a new linux media server following the same steps, and this one is working fine

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

hi, simple dumb question but, as this looks to be a VM, and it goes offline during the backups, is this server not included inside the VM group that you are trying to backup ?

2nd question as I’m no linux expert, is about disks/luns used for DDB and for ‘backup’ : are you sure it’s not hosted on the same ? don’t you have DDB backup initiating a snap of volume for the DDB backup ?

But, as you mention it, it’s strange that the 2nd you deployed the same way is working fine ;)

Badge +2

Hi, yes it s a VM, VM itself(MA) not in the backup job.

DDB on the same linux machine in a different partition/disk, no DDB backup performed.