Solved

LiveSync DR

• 18 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Please help with upgrading and unifying the SQL version on one of the CS.

CV reports problem with SQL versions, on one of the servers we have 15.0xxx on the other 13.0.xxx.

We cannot perform a full DR.

Do you have different method than > https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/142604_upgrading_microsoft_sql_server_editions.html

I will be very appreciate for help!

icon

Best answer by Graham Swift 18 January 2022, 23:03

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @kszaf !  hope all is well (otherwise)!

That’s the instructions there.  Any issues with those instructions not working?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello @kszaf ,

If you can stick to the recommended approach above. An alternative would be to download the CV media kit that includes the SQL binaries and perform a simple manual upgrade of SQL. After shutting down the Commvault software as described in the page above just locate the SQL binaries in the media kit after copying it to the CS. Then run the setup and run through the wizard to perform an upgrade. Make sure you check the Cumulative Update pack is installed as well. Doing it this way might require that to also be installed manually.

Whilst this is not the recommended approach I have had a customer perform this on 12 CommCells without issue.

I cant think of anything that would be needed after this method to be altered. However if you have changed RAM sizing etc then you would not get our changes applied to SQL for memory usage etc…

I would also recommend that you enable the Manage SQL updates on the CS as well so that you will also update SQL CUs as part of the patching process.