LiveSync Install and Configuration

• 3 November 2021
  • 12 replies

Badge +1

We have an existing CommServe and we’ve recently added the LiveSync option to it.  (CSMain.domain.local and CSMainLiveSync.domain.local)

We created another CommServe for backup and installed it with the LiveSync option.  (CSBackup.domain.local and CSBackupLiveSync.domain.local)

The Computer Group “CVLiveSync” was created and three clients were automatically added: CSMain, CSMainLivesync and CSBackupLiveSync.

In the CommServe’s Control Panel, clicking “CommServe LiveSync” (to complete the configuration) we are presented with a popup that simply says “Message” with the option “OK”

Has anyone seen this?  What have I missed in the setup?  Online install documents have not shown me any steps I’ve missed.  Please assist.

(Our SQL instances on the primary and the backup are not the same version.  Does this matter?)

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @MarkGiffordDA , welcome to the community!

SQL versions should be the same, though why you didn’t get any useful feedback is another matter (maybe the cause, but I doubt it).

I spoke to the Server Team SME who suggested right away that you create a Support case.  He said the only real way to troubleshoot is for them to get their hands on the database and crawl through the registry.

Can you create a case and share the number so I can track it?

I don’t normally suggest a new case right away (and try to solve everything HERE), though I’ll defer to the SME who is an incredibly sharp guy.

Badge +1

it looks like this is going to be a DB issue…

We created a test CommCell and secondary CommServe, then successfully installed and configured LiveSync.

It was only when we imported our “live” DB and tried LiveSync again that it failed on the previously-working test environment.

I’ll be opening a support ticket to see where the issue is and how to correct it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Appreciate the update!  If you don’t mind, send me the case number so I can track it accordingly.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @MarkGiffordDA , hope all is well.

Did you end up opening a case for this one?

I wasn’t able to find anything under your name.  Can you share the case number with me?

Badge +1

Hi Mike.

I’m working on rebuilding my LiveSync server, so I have a pristine environment to show support.

We did create a test environment (new DB) and LiveSync installed and worked fine.  Then we imported our production DB into the test environment and LiveSync failed.

So, now I know where to focus anyway.

I’ll post updates as I get them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Appreciate the update (and stellar details)!

Keep me posted :nerd:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@MarkGiffordDA , following up on this one.  I don’t see a support incident in your name at this time.  Were you able to get this resolved?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@MarkGiffordDA , following up on this one.  Were you able to fix this yourself?

Thanks!

Badge +1

No, I’m working with our experts, and other, bigger projects have pushed this one to the back of the line.

I hope to return to this project in the next few weeks, and finally find the answer.

If nothing else becomes an emergency, that is…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Normal life gets in the way, totally understand! :joy:

I’ll keep an eye out here, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@MarkGiffordDA , following up on this one.  Sorry for the long delay in reaching out.

Were you able to fix this yourself?

Thanks!

Badge +1

We are still getting our Media Agent’s new SAN configured (taking WAY longer than it should), so we haven’t gone back to this issue yet.

I will post an update when a solution is found and successfully implemented, though!