Solved

Lots of failure in DDB Verification Jobs and "Complete with failures" in DR Jobs

• 16 May 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Noob alert! 

Hi everyone, 
I fear our DR damaged or our "Storage policies\CommServeDR" Policy is misconfigured, because since a month, the DDB Verification Job are constantly failing. 

Short resume/background: 
1)We store our Backups and DR in a Network-Storage. Our Commvault Version is 11.25.28. 
2)I tried backing up and restoring files, and it works. I did test DR restore (In March) using this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H4w2CYdf4c).
3)As always users can still run backups, restore data, etc. but we get lots DDB-Verification failures and DR "Completes" but with errors.
4)In Commcell, if you try to browse to our Network DR folder(Commcell\Control Panel\Maintenance\DR Backup\"Back up Metadata to this folder"), we get the following message "incorrect password or unknown username to selected access path" I checked the credentials and also check if server can reach the Path. Pass, User and Path are fine but still the message persist. 

Errors from DR jobs:

CommServeDR: Destination Directory [\\commvault-nas\vol2\Commvault\Disater_Recovery] does not exist or is inaccessible Source: commvault, Process: commserveDR

-------
When I was in 11.25.14, everything looked fine. After I updated(a month ago), we started to get lots failure from DDB Verification. I do not know if this issues relate to the same or more Problems or my mistake. 

DDB Verification error
Error Code: [13:127] Description: Error occurred while processing chunk [12435] in media [V_204] for storage policy [Network-Storage] copy [Primary]: Backup job [2643]. Missing Error String. Source: commvault, Process: AuxCopyMgr

DDB Verification error
Error occurred while processing chunk [12057] in media [V_73], at the time of error in library [Network-Storage] and mount path [[commvault] \\commvault-nas\vol2\Commvault\Commvault_Storage], for storage policy [Network-Storage] copy [Primary] MediaAgent [commvault.cronon.net]: Backup job [2569]. Impersonation failure. Check access rights of Log Files folder.
Source: commvault, Process: AuxCopyMgr

-------

Does anyone has an idea, what this issue could be? 
Any suggestions or thoughts please? 

(Extra Info) Things had changed after the last updates:
->Our commvault used to be in the server plan. I used to make manual backup over the web console. now is not possible. Commvault says "No subclient or instance to backup".  Is it necesary to add commvault in the Server Plan? I tried to add it back but can't suceed
-> There was a secondary Storage, now after the updates. it's a Server plan snap copy. 

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

icon

Best answer by Cronos 20 May 2022, 09:58

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Cronos , welcome!!

One thing to check for that log file access error: make sure the account you are using fgor the DR backup has write access to the CV installation folder.  If it can’t write to the job results files, it will fail with this message,

Badge +3

Hi @Mike Struening

I did as you said, then I ran Full DR Job and it worked! Thanks a lot.

Still we get Failure DDB Jobs on our “Network-Storage” Policy.   We use LDAP and gave permission in the Log path to the users & group (which manage commvault), restarted all the services, tried again and no success.  This is what we get(DDB-V Error for Network-Storage Policy. Phase: Validate Dedupe Data):

“Error occurred while processing chunk [12742] in media [V_203], at the time of error in library [Network-Storage] and mount path [[commvault] \\commvault-nas\vol2\Commvault\Commvault_Storage], for storage policy [Network-Storage] copy [Primary] MediaAgent [commvault.cronon.net]: Backup job [2709]. Impersonation failure. Check access rights of Log Files folder. Source: commvault, Process: AuxCopyMgr”

Any suggestion or ideas of what I could do?

Thanks again for your time and help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

That’s bizarre….because clearly it fixed the DR backup issue with the same error, but the Data Verification now fails with the same message.

There is one thing to check: what username is utilized for that mount path (in the message)?  Does that account have access to the same install folder to write?

Badge +3

Hi @Mike Struening it works! 

As you suggested, the solution was to make sure the Users(in this case from AD) & User(also AD) used to access the network folder, have access to the Log files from commvault. 

This looks way much better ! 😀

I just wonder how did this happens. Anyway thanks a lot for the advice! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I would look into any changes on the user side.  It’s possible a new policy/security change was rolled out and restricted what was once in place.

Glad you’re up and running!!