Solved

Metrics Report info missing

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Good day

I have a bit of a strange one. I use the Activity Report to generate the Monthly Executive Summary Report on backup stats.

There are two days of no information being reported, even though jobs ran over these two days.

What are possible reasons for the Metrics server not reporting on two days even though there were successful backups?

Thanks so much.

icon

Best answer by Mauro 24 June 2022, 15:19

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Mauro,

A gap in data or missing data is typically indicative of Metrics Report data uploads having failed for some reason.

If you are viewing this report on your local/ private Metrics Web Console or Command Center,  support can confirm if this is the case with the CV logs provided from the Commserve & Metrics server (if separate from the CS).

Or if this report is the one viewed from the Cloud portal, then only logs from the Commserve would be needed.

Typically, the activity or failures of the report uploads would be found in the CommserveSurveryUtility.log file on the Commserve from the time frame of where you are seeing the gaps.

Another possibility is that the Metrics server was changed or hardware refreshed and in the process the upload temporarily did not run or failed.

With confirmation on the issue, support can also possibly provide script and solution to repopulate the data, so long as the history is still available from the Commcell.

Regards,
Sheri

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Sheri

Thanks for the comprehensive feedback.

I think I’ll have to log an incident for this one (I’ll share that feedback), as we have successful daily uploads.

We are using a VM to host the Private Metrics server and no updates happened to it.

Will update this thread as soon as I have an answer.

Thanks.
Mauro

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Mauro , once you have a case created, share the incident number here so I can track it.

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi all

So the case went to the Dev team to investigate. We ran two scripts which imported some data. Reason being is that a lot had expired. I can share what the scripts were that I ran if anyone is interested.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Please do, @Mauro !

Would definitely appreciate that.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Mike

The incident number was 220525-207.
I think its best I don’t post the scripts here and the outputs as there is some customer data in it.
Perhaps you can extract and edit it accordingly?

Regards,
Mauro

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Definitely not a wise idea.  For anyone having this issue, create an incident as well.