Solved

Microsoft SQL Restore - Job Details Event

• 29 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

from one of our customers we have updated the commvault environment from sp12 to sp20. After the upgrade, the customer noticed that during the restore jobs of microsoft sql database, in the job details events window, the various steps of the restore are no longer displayed, but only at the end of  the job the complete/failed event appear. Is there a way to increase the detail of events for db sql restores?

Below a screenshot of job detail event:

Thanks,

Fabrizio

icon

Best answer by JamesA 29 July 2021, 15:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Fabrizio,

Are you able to share with us a screen shot from a job back when it was SP12 to show us what events you are seeing as missing? 

Thanks

James

Badge +4

Hi James,

thank you for the reply, unfortunately when we checked the job details of old jobs performed with the sp12, the events window was empty, as if they had been deleted.

Thanks

Fabrizio

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Ah ok that is a shame. We do clean-up the status column of the jobs every 7 days from the database to avoid bloating but did not know if this affected events too. 

I will see if I can check this further for you and report back.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Fabrizio

I have created a SP12 test lab and been checking the events of a database restore. The only events I am seeing are these:

Is this extra event the one you are talking about? Or do you remember seeing more events than this?

Are you using VSS or VDI for backups on the agent? Is the restore a single DB or multiple DB you see events on?

Badge +4

Hi James,

thank you for your time, I forwarded the reply directly to the Customer. He doesn’t remember exactly which messages appeared in Events tab, only that it reported the copy of the files it was making at the moment…

at this point if there are no advanced parameters to increase the verbose of the events, thank you again for your availability and I’ll proceed with closing the topic.

Thanks

Fabrizio