Migrating Azure Library UK region to new Azure Library in Europe North

Badge +1

Hi

I have a customer that wishes to migrate all of their long-term secondary backups currently stored on an Azure Cool Tier Cloud library based in the Azure UK region to a new Azure Archive Library based in Europe North (EUN) approx 860TB non-deduped. The Primary on-prem disk library has been physically decommissioned and is no longer available. The CommServe was also migrated from on-prem to Azure EUN as part of their cloud migration project. In EUN the customer is now using a mixed Cool / Archive Azure cloud library with just 30 days primary retention before backups are pushed down to the Archive tier with infinite retention. 

The customer is paying high costs for keeping legacy backups on the Azure cool tier in the UK and wants to move all data to the EUN cloud library.

I’m looking for any advice on how best to migrate the data to EUN.  Is there a workflow available or is auxcopy my only option?

Many thanks for any advice given...

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Should be simple enough.

Have the vendor move the data, then update url in the mount path properties.

Just make sure the vendor keeps all of the meta tags intact.

Badge +1

Hi Mike

Is it really that simple?

Do you know if there is a Knowledge base article in relation to doing this? I’ve looked but couldn’t find anything! I thought because the customer was using different Azure regions and different storage classes it was going to be a major headache and commvault would need to keep track of the entire copy process.

Really appreciate your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

It’s that simple.  Confirmed with dev.

There isn’t a KB, but I’m going to create a documentation MR to get this added to our docs.

Badge +1

Hi Mike

Can you please elaborate on keeping the meta tags intact? Are you referring to the Blob storage index tags?

Regards

Shay

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Shay O'Donoghue , the vendor should handle this, though if there are any issues, just run a Data Verification on the library.