Solved

More Auxiliary copy on the same tape storage pool

• 14 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

I need to create more aux copy on the same tape storage pool.

When I create the first aux copy I no longer have visibility of the same tape storage pool. Previously I also had the option to add the tape library directly, now there is only the choice of the storage pool.

Until the SP24 version I still had the ability to create multiple aux copies.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Orazan 2 July 2022, 18:04

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hello @Gabriele Palumbo 

Are you having an issue creating an aux copy using that storage pool within the same Storage Policy? Only one copy within a policy can be associated to a given storage pool.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hello @Collin Harper but only in the SP26, because I have configured at least 10 by a customer with an SP24 in these days.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Gabriele Palumbo 

It has always been that no two copies within the same policy can be associated to the same storage pool.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

@Collin Harper In fact I had the possibility to directly associate the library and not the tape storage pool. But not anymore.

As soon as I can I add a couple of screenshots.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Gabriele Palumbo 

Right. If there was a disk pool and a tape pool you should have no issues unless the one you are trying to assign is already assigned. 

If you continue to have issues it may be best to get a case opened with Support.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

@Gabriele Palumbo From a customer with the SP24 I have the possibility to add the library rather than the “tape storage pool”:

In other installations with SP25 and SP26 I have this situation, there is no longer the possibility to add the library directly:

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

The option to use a Library was removed after FR24. Do you have any other questions on this topic or shall I mark this thread resolved?