Solved

Move Media Agent to another site (Same customer)

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello, 

I need to move the MA of the one Commserv to another Commserv, is in the same customer, but different sites.

Someone have a procedure to do this?

I need to just change the IP Address.

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 17 June 2022, 20:22

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Here you go, @Fernando Souza :

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/11069_mediaagent_hardware_refresh_overview.html

All sorts of scenarios are covered here 🤓

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @Mike Struening 

i saw that i need put the media agent in maintenance mode (the first thing to do)

I didn't find it about changing the Media Agent's IP, if you know where it is on Commvault's site, i need this. 
Many thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

TCP/IP settings will be changed at the operating system level and also change on the DNS record.

Unless you have defined your Media Agent in the console with the IP instead of the short and FQDN name, no changes to be done there.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @Ledoesp 

Ok, i  need just change the IP Address, the hostname will remain the same.

I dont´t need to do anything, not even put it in maintenance mode?

I will turn off the MA(Site 1), change IP Address and turn on MA(Site 2), is it correct, right?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

you can put the MA in maintenance mode to avoid getting the alerts due to MA offline and Library/Device status offline

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Fernando, 

Most of the time, adjustments will be custom but as someone mentioned previously, there is some documentation covering this and if we are communicating via FQDN or Short name there  should be no issues with changing the IP.  Please check your firewall rules in Commvault to make sure. (Properties on the media agent)

One item that has not been clarified is back to your above statement.  Is there two different CommCells?

“I need to move the MA of the one Commserv to another Commserv,”

Will this be stood up as a Net-New media agent or are you migrating all of the library and backup data (if applicable)?

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Olá@Jason Duncan 

Sorry,
Just 1 CommServ with 2 MA (Lisboa and Porto).

I will check the firewall rules

Is it easy to make the moving the MA, i think so.
After i post here, the moving of the MA will be done in weeks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Fernando Souza - Has the move been done successfully?

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @Orazan 

I still don't have the date of the MA Moving, but as soon as I do, I'll post it here.Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Fernando Souza , hope all is well, man!

Following up to see how things are looking here.