Solved

MySQL Block-Level Backup | supported version

• 27 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

Does anyone know if MySQL Block-Level Backup does work / should work / is supported with Ubuntu? It's not on the List of Supported Kernel Versions (https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/19402_mysql_block_level_backup.html). But our (driverless) MySQL Block-Level backups on OS Ubuntu just work great. Restores do not (yet) work however.

Because it's not on the List of Supported Kernel Versions, I hesitate to open a ticket with Commvault support, pretending I do not know Ubuntu is not on the List of Supported Kernel Versions. Maybe the List of Supported Kernel Versions has not been updated?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Sunil 27 January 2023, 17:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Proact_VSST 

MySQL Block level backups on Ubuntu are not officially certified yet. You can still reach out to support requesting for the certification. They will track it via a Customer request through a CMR.

Thanks,

Sunil-

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I have not had any luck with that. I use a mySQLDUMP and then just backup the file from that- About all i got.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I have not had any luck with that. I use a mySQLDUMP and then just backup the file from that- About all i got.

Hi @Matthew M. Magbee 

Could you share the support ticket number you’ve raised? I can’t promise you the support right away, but I can check what happened with your ticket.

Thanks,

Sunil-

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

No tickets- Im ok with a dump as I am down to very little MYSQL systems after moving to PosgreSQL - which is supported- 

DUmps work fine as file level backup. 

I would suggest this is a workaround until its supported