Solved

Navigation failed due to error mounting virtual machine: Internal error while pseudomounting guest disks.

• 29 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2
Hello friends, I would like some help if possible. I have the following problem:I use Commvault 11.80 and try to restore guest files and folders from my LINUX VMs.Shows this error when I try to navigate to a LINUX VM:Navigation failed due to error mounting virtual machine: Internal error while pseudomounting guest disks.Thank you for your attention. hugs !
icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 5 July 2022, 16:45

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Its difficult to say without logs, but pseudomounts rely on a driver on the Media agent called ‘CVVD’ - you can check if its installed / running using the command fltmc in a command prompt.

If your VM has a strange file system or deduplication is enabled, the pseudomount method wont work, and you might need to use live browse.

You can try set this key on the VSA proxy and see if it helps:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/99149_forcing_live_browse_operation.html

For this you will need a file recovery enabler in your environment. (Videos on that topic here)

That's about all I can think of without investigating it further.

Badge +2

Thank you for your help! I'll try the procedure and come back to let you know the result.

Badge +2
Hello Damian Andre. I realized that the tip you gave me would be for Windows related issues, but the error that happens is only when I try to restore VM files from Linux. Another detail, use VM based on Nutanix.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Leandro Barbieri , can you confirm you do have a FREL installed?  If you do, then we’d want to see log files to investigate further, though it may bne easier to open a support case at this point.

Can you confirm a FREL is installed, and if so, open a support case and share the incident number with us here?

Thanks!

Badge +2

Hello Mike. I do have an agreement step defined for use in an agreement step according to the commvault website documentation. I'm forwarding the .cvd file

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Leandro Barbieri , I took a look at the log file though it’s hard to find the issue since CVD is more of an accessory log file for the whole machine (notice there are no job IDs).

At this point, I would suggest opening a support case and sharing the incident number here.