Solved

New licencing model

• 5 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

I have Commvault server Simpana 11.

I purchased additional virtual licenses and also received a conversion of existing licenses

I have received this mail after purchasing VM licenses

Hello and thank you for your recent Commvault software purchase!

Attached please find the license key for CCID XXX

Configuration based on PO:SA05-2021 EU PO: VAR PO:SA05-2021

Activating Your Software

The activated license needs to be reapplied to your software. To apply the license, please follow the steps below.

1. Save the attached license file to a disc or on a network share.
  2. From the navigation pane, go to Administration > License
  3. On the License and Registration page, click Update license
  4. In the Update License dialog box, click Select license file and locate the license file.
  5. Click Apply.

Please make sure all features you have purchased have been activated.

Registering a New CommCell ID?
Please visit https://ma.commvault.com/Support/ProductRegistration to register your CommCell and receive your Permanent License File
For New Customers : Access to your Maintenance Advantage account is sent under separate cover to ensure privacy is maintained

Metallic Cloud Storage (MCSS) Customer?
Please ensure that you have Feature Release 11.20.22, 11.21.10, or 11.22.0 installed prior to license application to successfully utilize

Having trouble installing your license?
Please visit https://ma.commvault.com/Support/TelephoneSupport for access to Telephone Based Support

What should i do, whether to follow the instructions and get a license?
Have I already switched to the new licensing method?

What is the procedure for that?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Elizabeta

icon

Best answer by Blaine Williams 6 July 2021, 08:26

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi elizabeta, 

The license file is communitalive  and the last license file you receive will have all the changes for your additional license and your conversion.

If you go to license summary to will be able to check your expiry and if the new licenses you purchased are displayed. 

You can only add the license in order they were created so if you skipped one don’t worry you cannot accidentally apply an older one after.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

Hi elizabeta, 

The license file is communitalive  and the last license file you receive will have all the changes for your additional license and your conversion.

If you go to license summary to will be able to check your expiry and if the new licenses you purchased are displayed. 

You can only add the license in order they were created so if you skipped one don’t worry you cannot accidentally apply an older one after.  

So, i should activate the new license now

Activating Your Software

The activated license needs to be reapplied to your software. To apply the license, please follow the steps below.

2. From the navigation pane, go to Administration > License
  3. On the License and Registration page, click Update license
  4. In the Update License dialog box, click Select license file and locate the license file.
  5. Click Apply.

And that will now include the purchased 10VM package ?

If a new license is added to Commvault server, will the system be switched to the new licensing method now?

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Elizabeta

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Complete is the new licensing you have been converted to. The old licensing model no longer exists and thus to move forward with your new license (VMs) you will need to apply it.

If you have issue after applying the converted license you can directly reach out to licenseconversions@commvault.com

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

So all I have to do is apply the new license that was emailed to us when we bought the VM bundle?

BR,
Elizabeta

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Yes just follow the instructions 

2. From the navigation pane, go to Administration > License
  3. On the License and Registration page, click Update license
  4. In the Update License dialog box, click Select license file and locate the license file.
  5. Click Apply.

Please make sure all features you have purchased have been activated.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Yes @elizabeta the new license is a global file containing the latest update of your license. :slight_smile:

It is not just the update for 10 VMs, but 10VM + the rest of the converted.

The last sentence is very important : Make sure all features you have purchased have been activated.

But honestly to make sure of this while converting, you just have to apply the new license and then check the amounts.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

Thank you @Laurent and @Blaine Williams . I will folow instructions and apply new license.

BR,
Elizabeta