Solved

No Job Within SLA Period

Badge +4

i have this weird issue that some of our server says no Job within SLA period but when i check all the servers, all of them is completed within 14 days.is there an issue within the reporting because all of their backups is completing. our SLA is configured for 7 days but it says like that on the report.

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 24 August 2022, 21:04

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Adding case closure:

Finding Details:

SLA report showing clients under "No backup within SLA" incorrectly

Solution:

Customer updated from Fr20 to Fr24 and the report is corrected itself

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I have been running into many issues when it comes to incorrect SLA status being displayed. I can only say that running FR24 might not be enough and that you will have to move to FR26. But let development judge on this because this issue might be something complex. In regards to you config:

• Do you have multiple subclients and are all of them being protected?
  • Did you exclude/disable subclients who are not being protected.
  • Are they also protected through VSA?
  • Do you see it on all FS clients?
  • What is the RPO of the plan that is attached to the clients for FS backup?
  • What happens when you run a manual backup of a client? It might b.t.w. require a hard F5 to clear the performance cache of Command Center to have a quicker visual representation. 

We b.t.w. always change the SLA to 1 day on CommCell level because I have never seen backup/recovery agreements with customers who are based on SLA level of more than 1 day. Having issues impacting the ability to recover business data or supporting systems should be picked up as soon as possible. 

Badge +4

just an update, the one that resolved this issue is we upgrade our commcell to 11.24.52.

upgrading our commcell based on the engineer recommended doesnt resolve the issue.

Badge +4

@Enzou would you mind sharing the case number so I can track it accordingly?

Thanks!

here it is Mike. i will ask a schedule meeting with support on Monday.

Incident 220707-76

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Enzou would you mind sharing the case number so I can track it accordingly?

Thanks!

Badge +4

we already updated our commcell to the latest version but still didnt fix the issue. already raise a ticket support and might send an update here if they resolve it so i can share the resolution

Badge +4

Just to be sure, have you got a chance to review the SLA settings shown in the screenshot ? 

yes and we set it up to 7 days. so if you look on the screenshot above for server examples, it still tag as no sla within the period.

we have 3 commcell and already compared the settings of those 3 and all of them is same. same version on my other comcell also.

here is the reply i get from support. but im doubting that this will resolve the issue since i have the same version on my other commcell and it doesnt have this problem.

“Please update to the latest maintenance release to address this issue. Currently you are on 11.20.77, seems like the issue is being addressed in 11.20.97. 

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.26/assets/service_pack/updates/11_20_99.htm

Included from Maintenance Release 11.20.97

SLA status is marked as Missed instead of Excluded even when the backup activity is marked as disabled.

4743, 4744

Badge +2

Just to be sure, have you got a chance to review the SLA settings shown in the screenshot ? 

Badge +4

im running 11.20.77 on our commcell

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

What version are you currently running? 

Badge +4

they said to update our commcell to latest pack.we still need to have a change window for it but i dont know if that will resolve the issue

Badge +2

thanks for the correction Scott. 

The question should have been directed to @Enzou 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Curious to know what caused the SLA misses. Did you get it resolved ? 

@Enzou is the user with the SLA misses.

Thanks,
Scott
​​​​​​​

Badge +2

Hey Scott,

Curious to know what caused the SLA misses. Did you get it resolved ? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

From what I can see, you may want to open a TR to see what we’re missing.

I know if your Full jobs failed, the Incr jobs won’t clear the SLA misses.  But your looks to be successful, so that’s not likely the scenario.

Thanks,
Scott

Badge +4

@Scott Moseman here are some examples. as you can see, there is no backup failure and they have backup more than 7 days.

here is another one

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

i have this weird issue that some of our server says no Job within SLA period but when i check all the servers, all of them is completed within 14 days.is there an issue within the reporting because all of their backups is completing. our SLA is configured for 7 days but it says like that on the report.

You mention 14 days.  Have the servers had backups within the last 7 days?

Thanks,
Scott

all of my servers had backup above 7 days already

They have backups more recent than 7 days?

A successful recent backup should clear them from SLA.  However, there are edge cases where they may not necessarily get cleared by default.

Pick one of the servers for an example.  Review the job history.  When was the last Full or Synth Full job?  Was that Full or Synth Full job successful?

Thanks,
Scott

Badge +4

Thanks,
Scott

all of my servers had backup above 7 days already

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Thanks,
Scott

Badge +2

ok. Are all the subclients part of the backup schedule ? 

I would use the following report to identify the subclient that is not part of the backup schedule. 

Viewing the SLA Report on the Command Center (commvault.com) 

Badge +4

they are file system windows and some have sql agent

Badge +2

Hello Enzou,

Let us start with one of the servers.

What kind of server it ? Are they VMs or windows server ? What agents are running on them, just file system  ?