Nutanix HotAdd proxies keeping disks

• 17 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Commvault Certified Expert
  • 74 replies

Hi all,

Does anyone have this issue where disks accumulate on the Proxy server?

Some proxies have 23 disks even when there are no jobs running.

Automount is disabled and Defender has the correct exclusions.

I even added the nRemoveSnapshotRetry keys to additional settings even though I’m not sure if it’s applicable to AHV.

Thank you in anticipation.

icon

Best answer by MichaelCapon 17 January 2022, 12:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Shane ,

Since automount is disabled, The disks should get cleaned up ​​​​​​here.

Also ensure that the VSA Proxy is not Snapshotted or Backed up whilst it is backing up other VM’s, As this can cause this behaviour.

Can you also confirm if any of the Jobs are re-trying/failing the “Backup” phase here? - Are you seeing any issues/crashes of the vsbkp process or VSA Proxy at all?

Best Regards,

Michael​

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Shane ,

Since automount is disabled, The disks should get cleaned up ​​​​​​here.

Also ensure that the VSA Proxy is not Snapshotted or Backed up whilst it is backing up other VM’s, As this can cause this behaviour.

Can you also confirm if any of the Jobs are re-trying/failing the “Backup” phase here? - Are you seeing any issues/crashes of the vsbkp process or VSA Proxy at all?

Best Regards,

Michael​

Hi Michael

I have checked and the Proxies are filtered at the backupset level and there aren’t any vsbkp crashes that I can see; backups generally run well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Shane , if automount is disabled and they are still piling up, I would open a support case to see what is going on ()might need dev investigation).

Share the case number here for follow ups on my part!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Shane , following up on this one.  Were you able to get a support case created, or a solution on your end?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Shane , I’m marking this one as resolved based on prior advice.  If this is still an issue, please respond and I’ll unmark the answer!