Solved

O365 Application Sizes reported in Command Center

• 22 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello Community,

We would like some clarification about the application sizes that are reported in the command center for the O365 apps.

When looking at directly an exchange application (see screenshot 1), we can find a value for associated entities and a value for application size. It seems that the associated entities are related to the number of mailboxes protected. But what is the exact definition for the value reported under “Application size” ? Is it the cumulativ total size protected since the beginning of backups ? or is it the size at instant t of exchange data on the tenant ?

When looking at the chargeback details report for the same client (which has only one exchange online client configured) (see screenshot 2), we don’t find the same values. There is a FET size which is less than the Application size reported at the client level, and the mailbox count is only 46, while there are 67 mailboxes backed up.

Does someone know the exact definitions of the values provided at these 2 levels ?

Regards,

Pierre

icon

Best answer by Scott Reynolds 27 April 2022, 17:06

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @Pierre Bruel 

The total application size that is report in Command Center for all V2 agents including mailbox, SharePoint, etc is the total amount of data that is in the backups. This is not front-end data but total data that is protected across all backups or the cumulative across all backups as per your wording.

The associated entities would include all mailboxes in the content of that client including those that are disabled, etc which would NOT be counted in your chargeback report.

Badge +1

Hi @Scott Reynolds ,

Thank you for that explanation.

So if I well understand, if I calculate the sum of all the app sizes of incremental backups from the beginning, I should find this total application size ?

Regarding the associated entities, the last backup job for the exchange client has handled 67 mailboxes (including user, shared, and group mailboxes), which are so enabled mailboxes. So I would expect to find the same value in the chargeback report, but it shows 46 as mailbox count. So I still don’t understand this difference.

Regards,

Pierre

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Pierre Bruel 

Yes that is correct.

As for the license I do not believe that shared/group mailboxes count toward the license. This page confirms those thoughts:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/6846_product_license_types_01.html

• The license is consumed per user mailbox type in Active status. All other mailbox types, such as Shared, Group, Room, O365 Group, and Mailbox Status Deleted and Mailbox Status Disabled, are not counted as part of the license.