Solved

O365 tenant merge considerations

Badge +2

We may be merging our O365 tenant into another tenant.  We currently backup Exchange Online, One Drive, SharePoint Online, and Teams.  We also content index items.

If a merger occurs, can the existing Commvault (V11.24) O365 Apps be used for protection?  Will items need to be indexed again?

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 25 May 2022, 21:13

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @askesi !

IT should just pull the merged users in as new users and then index them as long as there merged into the same app.

If its a different app, you’ll have to set that up normally.

Let me know if that answers your question!

Badge +2

I should have been more clear.  The current O365 tenant may be merged into an existing O365 tenant that is not currently protected by Commvault.  Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

To confirm, are you saying O365 Tenant A (currently protected by CV) is being merged into Tenant B (not protected by CV)?

Are you looking to also start protecting the differences?

Badge +2

Yes and I assume so.  I don’t believe the decision has been made whether to protect Tenant B’s existing objects.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Keep us posted on what you end up doing across.  Definitely want to see what the end result is!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@askesi , following up to see if you’ve heard about any decision yet and to see if this has been resolved.

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Hello, Is there any way to add to backup also a secondary Tenant (for o365 backup), in same Commvault Server ?