Solved

Office 365 Exchange online

• 15 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Just a question, We busy in the process in configuring backups for office 365, exchange online to particular and i see i am getting this error in the Logs when it tries to scan for mailboxes. “ Failed to get Oauth2.0 token for powershell”.

We also configured for onedrive and sharepoint and those seem to be working 100%.

We on Version: 11.24.34

icon

Best answer by Juan-Pierre Panaino 21 November 2022, 08:15

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Juan-Pierre Panaino , thanks for the post.

Disable multi-factor authentication or conditional access policies for the Exchange Online mailboxes that you want to configure for backup operations.

That should resolve the error.

Keep me posted!

Badge +2

Hi @Mike Struening  

So i set it up as express so the global admin account i used i did disable the MFA on it and it setup succesfully just when it refreshes for the users i see that error in the Log files.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

That definitely should have worked.

I would go ahead and open a support case so they can see why it’s not acting as expected.

Can you share the case number here once created?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Juan-Pierre Panaino 

Are you able to connect to o365 via powershell? Something like this

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/enterprise/connect-to-all-microsoft-365-services-in-a-single-windows-powershell-window?view=o365-worldwide

Once complete you should be able to run get-mailbox to list the mailboxes.

This connection is where is failing you might need to run the following first

Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned

Badge +2

Thanks guys ,

Sorry only getting back now to you it was a permissions issue on azure we have a condional access policy that blocks legacy AUTH, and PowerShell is part of this policy i have then excluded my app registration from that policy and problem was resolved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Glad to hear it!