Solved

old snapshot mounted on a linux proxy

• 18 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hello,

on my AWS environment,

I have 2 Windows MA and a linux machine that is used as a proxy to backup EFS (AWS NFS like)

Sicne yesterday the linux proxy machine stop responding.

When I connect to AWS console I see that a lot of volume labeled

_GX_BACKUP_SnapJob_210219_vol-086b61f123938a8f4 are mounted on it.

I dont know why these volumes should mounted on the Windows MA.

How to find from where they are mounted ?

I want to know thaht before investigate why the proxy is down. I think boot filesystem is corrupted.

Thanks !!

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 19 January 2022, 16:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Bloopa , do you mean regarding the Windows OS itself seeing these paths, or if they are attached to the MA within CV?

I would start with the OS itself seeing them (AWQS sees them mounted, though you might be able to browse the contents via the MA).

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Thanks @Mike Struening  for you answer

I will try to explain better.

Normally, to backup ec2 instances, we have two Windows Media agent acting as access node for linux and Windows machines. When backup occurs for ec2 instances, the snapshots are mounted on those Windows MediaAgents only.

I want to understand why old volumes were mounted on the Linux proxy. Maybe this proxy is used in a subclient as access node also ?

we have detached manually those volumes from the linux proxy and now it works after a reboot.

this linux proxy should not have volume mounted on it by commvault.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Ok, now I get it.  so at some point by some trigger, older snapshots were mounted to the Linux proxy, but you need to find out why.

Can you run a Job Summary report for the Linux server/proxy for the time frame that the snapshots were mounted?  This should allow you to narrow the focus down sufficiently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Following up on this one, @Bloopa .  IS this still an issue for you?  Can you run a Job Summary report for the Linux server/proxy for the time frame that the snapshots were mounted?  This should allow you to narrow the focus down sufficiently.