Question

Openstack Error Code: [91:163] Description: Unable to create a virtual machine snapshot of [Nex]. [Snapshot could not be found.] Please check the virtual machine snapshot tree.

• 30 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

Hello Team, 

im facing an issue related to VMs backup on openstack due to below error 

Error Code: [91:163] Description: Unable to create a virtual machine snapshot of [Nex]. [Snapshot could not be found.] Please check the virtual machine snapshot tree.

VSbkp.log, logmanager attached 

fast reponse is highly appreciated as this is a critical case

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hello @Mohammed Whiba I see that you have started another thread for this problem: 

Openstack job failed : Unable to create a virtual machine snapshot | Community (commvault.com)

Will continue on the other thread. 

Best,

Rajiv Singal

Badge +1

is the issue resolved?

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

Hello @MichaelCapon 

i have already advised to raise a ticket,  i’ll update the topic with the resolution later once we fix the issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @Muhammad Abdullah,

The logs show the API failed to find the snapshot:
03/29 14:02:45:

server-resp:[{"itemNotFound": {"code": 404, "message": "Snapshot a4f9e193-9e84-4721-b4e7-d62190e93cf1 could not be found."}}] resp-size:[111]

Looking back earlier in the log, We can see the Snapshot referenced for the disk:

03/29 14:02:04

OpenStackSDKWrapper::CVGlanceQueries::GetImageInfo() - [GLANCE] : Block mapping detail of image [236bb705-21e0-4ecb-8cb5-af074c3f53e3]: [[{"destination_type": "volume", "guest_format": null, "image_id": null, "device_name": "/dev/vda", "no_device": null, "source_type": "snapshot", "volume_type": null, "tag": null, "volume_size": 100, "boot_index": 0, "snapshot_id": "a4f9e193-9e84-4721-b4e7-d62190e93cf1", "volume_id": null, "disk_bus": "virtio", "device_type": "disk", "delete_on_termination": false}

So based on the above, I would assume the Snapshot was pruned for some reason. - You might want to check the logs on the Openstack side here.

Also please note that for priority issues, it would be best to raise a Support Case at ma.commvault.com. 

Best Regards,

Michael