Solved

PostgreSQL index files restore

• 25 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi all

I am running a PostgreSQL restore and the DBA has mentioned that the index files haven’t restored on this particular restore process.

I’m doing a table level restore to another DB instance (out of place).
He mentioned a restore that was completed in December had the index files restored. I’m a bit at a loss as there is no option to allow this from what I can see. I also followed the identical restoration process as was done in December so I’m a little stumped.

Not sure if there is a simple solution to this? I am happy to log a support ticket bu thought I’d ask here first.

Thanks in advance.

Mauro

icon

Best answer by Meera 25 January 2022, 12:43

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Mauro,

Database level or schema level restore restores index also. Table level doesn’t. What was the service pack level in December?

Regards,

Meera

Thanks so much.

I’ve tested both options with the results as expected, so I’ve let the DBA know on the difference.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Mauro,

Database level or schema level restore restores index also. Table level doesn’t. What was the service pack level in December?

Regards,

Meera

That makes more sense now.
We were on V11.25.9 in December. 

I’ll just check what we did then and give a quick update.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Mauro, 

Are you performing restore from dumpbased backup or block level backup? What is the service pack level of client? 

Regards,

Meera

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Meera

I’m doing a dumpbased backup/restore.
I’m on V11.25.14 which was upgraded about 2 weeks ago.

Regards,
Mauro

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Mauro,

Regards,

Meera

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Meera May I ask a question regarding the table restore that was posted to me by the DBA?

He wanted to find out if the functionality to restore the Indexes during a table level restore are going to be a feature in future releases or is this a PostgreSQL limitation?

Thanks so much.