Solved

Powershell login failed

• 21 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

After the upgrade to Windows 10 21H2 I’m not able to login to the Commserve with Connect-CVServer cmdlet. I receive always “login failed” but I’m sure about username and password.

In the past I solved this problem using Internet Explorer to connect to Commserve once time, but now IE is not available in this version

icon

Best answer by YNAP 22 June 2022, 12:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Glad to hear it, @YNAP and thanks for sharing with the community!!

Badge +3

Just to add an update, below the exact error:

VERBOSE: POST http://172.22.32.55:81/SearchSvc/CVWebService.svc/Login with -1-byte payload
VERBOSE: received -1-byte response of content type application/json; charset=utf-8
ValidateResponse :
Message: The response content cannot be parsed because the Internet Explorer engine is not available, or Internet
Explorer's first-launch configuration is not complete. Specify the UseBasicParsing parameter and try again.
ErrorMessage:
RecommendedAction:
At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\Commvault.RESTSession\2.0.21\Commvault.RESTSession.psm1:560 char:13
+             ValidateResponse $response $output $ValidateProperty
+             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,ValidateResponse

I solved the problem following this link

Solving the First-Launch Configuration Error with PowerShell's Invoke-WebRequest Cmdlet - Wahl Network

creating a local GPO and running gpupdate /force on my laptop

Badge +3

Just to add an update, below the exact error:

VERBOSE: POST http://172.22.32.55:81/SearchSvc/CVWebService.svc/Login with -1-byte payload
VERBOSE: received -1-byte response of content type application/json; charset=utf-8
ValidateResponse :
Message: The response content cannot be parsed because the Internet Explorer engine is not available, or Internet
Explorer's first-launch configuration is not complete. Specify the UseBasicParsing parameter and try again.
ErrorMessage:
RecommendedAction:
At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\Commvault.RESTSession\2.0.21\Commvault.RESTSession.psm1:560 char:13
+             ValidateResponse $response $output $ValidateProperty
+             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,ValidateResponse

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @YNAP !  Thanks for the post.  I spoke to the Manager of the team that handles these issues and he suggested creating a support case.  They are unaware of any issues like this and would need to do a deep dive.