Solved

Problem with SyFull after v11.22.22

• 10 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

after upgrading from v11.22.17 to Maintennce Release v11.22.22 all our SyFull Schedule Policies (with Option “run Incr Backup before SyFull) stay in waiting Status after finishing the Pre-Incremental-Job.

Suspending or Killing the Jobs is not possible. Only Cycling the Commserver-Services is helping. After Cycling the CS Services, the SyFull Jobs change to running State and the Jobs will be finished successfully.

Anybody else having this Problems after installing MR v11.22.22?

Regards, Alex

icon

Best answer by Mitch Mellin 12 May 2021, 13:01

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey Alex,

I’ve investigated this internally and it seems you may be experiencing a problem we are aware of - if I’m correct then you’d have to wait until June to have the fix in the next publicly available maintenance release at the beginning of June OR more suited to you I think, would be to open a support case and see if we can provide the interim maintenance release upon request.

Please raise a support case and mention ‘SP22 Form 2648 - Hotfix 2829’

Badge +2

Hi Edd,

as a workaround I replaced the “old” SyFull Scheduled-Policies (SyFull with Pre Incremental) with “standard” Incremental and separated  SyFull schedules. The SyFull schedules starting x Hours after the Incremental Job. 

Badge +1

Hell Aida,

The hotfix you require is available for download here

v11_SP22_HotFix2829 (metallic.io)

Thanks,

Mitch

Badge +2

Hi Mitch, thanks for the Link

Regards,

Alex

Badge

Having same issue with CV 11.23.7 - does 11.23.10 include patch for this problem?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Having same issue with CV 11.23.7 - does 11.23.10 include patch for this problem?

Yes, 11.23.10 contains the fix.

Badge

Yes, 11.23.10 contains the fix.

Confirmed - update of Commvault server to 11.23.10 resolves issue with stuck Synthetic Full backups