Solved

Re-install Media Agent code on same machine, different drive.

• 15 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I have four MA in prod, (partitioned ddb) with 3 installed in the E; drive. which is the standard here. I have a couple dozen other configured the same.

one of the four is installed in C; drive and must be re-installed to E:. (for scripting purposes)

Any recommendations?

TIA 

Yan

icon

Best answer by Collin Harper 15 June 2022, 20:05

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hello @yan 

Can you clarify if you want to move the installation directory to a different drive or the DDB partition to a different drive?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@yan 

Regardless, if the installation directory, you can simply uninstall and re-install while using the new location for the re-install. If the DDB partition, you can use this process to move it. https://documentation.commvault.com/11.26/expert/12582_moving_deduplication_database_to_another_location.html

Badge +2

Hello Colin

That would be the install directory to a different drive. These MA are an evergreen project (24 servers), and scripts require the executables at a folder in e: ..
Do not need to move DDB, it’s in the right drive and should be unaffected.

So uninstalling and re-installing is easy enough, however does the this work with the CS? 

Thanks much

Yan

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@yan 

In Media Management I am not an expert on the CommServe. To avoid possible issues or data loss I would recommend creating a support case for our Server Team to properly advise you on the re-install process for the CommServe.

Badge +2

Thank You Colin

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@yan You’re welcome.