Solved

recover email backup to another computer

• 25 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello, I have problems with recovering information from an email, which needs to be transferred to another computer but the computer that has that backup is no longer online but it still has its information, but when I want to send the recovery of the email The option to send it to another team is not displayed, but if I try it with another team it can be sent to another team. In this part I do not know if it is because the equipment is turned off.

I appreciate your attention and I will read your comments

icon

Best answer by AlanASF 30 October 2022, 20:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @AlanASF 

This is a backup from the mailbox agent? You can install the Exchange package on another machine and use that as the destination. If you install X64 outlook on that machine you can even restore to a PST file then transfer that email to any location needed.

EDIT: Looking at this again this might be Notes data?
In that case forget PST it must be a notes server.

Badge +1

Hello.

Regarding the Notes data problem, the conclusion was reached with a ticket that I believe should restore the data from the backup of the Lotus Notes database, with a domain server that runs the iDataAgent of the database from Commvault Lotus Notes.

Since the source computer is a Linux, a new Linux server will be created and the information restored

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks for the update!