Solved

Regarding REST API support

• 21 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Everyone,

IHAC who is about to consider our product to develop the backup service portal using REST API.

This customer is a Cloud Service Provider and wants to to integrate CVLT backup with their existing service.

So they’re asking us several questions.

- Is there a dedicated internal team/person for REST API support service?

: paid or free?

- For feature/function doesn’t have sample?

: CVLT provides lots of sample codes for use but what should we do if some feature/API doesn’t have a sample?

- Technical support plan for REST API

: If customer encounters errors how can customer be supported? 

(open a ticket as usual way or another?)

And kindly let me know who can i reach out to about REST API relevant query.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Damian Andre 21 December 2021, 13:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Hongmo Kim,

Great question for others out there looking for similar info.

Q: Is there a dedicated internal team/person for REST API support service?

• For support developing and integrating API, we have a personalization team who has also built many solutions with REST, workflows and 3rd party integration for managed service providers. This is a paid engagement.

Q: For feature/function doesn’t have sample?

Q: If customer encounters errors how can customer be supported? 

• Support is a break/fix function only. Support can assist if an API is not functioning as it should (i.e appears broken). They do not assist with writing any code and cannot help troubleshoot or debug solutions outside of a product breakage scenario

Q: Technical support plan for REST API

• Regular support channel for API issues - the case will route to a team internally who handles API support cases
Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Damian Andre

Thank you so much for your comment.

One more question.

Considering the completion of REST API in current FR version, expect it’s going to be redeemed constantly.

Assuming customer upgrades Commcell to the latest FR version which has a  big change in REST API, doesn’t it affect the existing API code?

I mean if customer needs to modify their web page whenever REST API is updated or not?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Damian Andre

Thank you so much for your comment.

One more question.

Considering the completion of REST API in current FR version, expect it’s going to be redeemed constantly.

Assuming customer upgrades Commcell to the latest FR version which has a  big change in REST API, doesn’t it affect the existing API code?

I mean if customer needs to modify their web page whenever REST API is updated or not?

Thanks.

Rest API should remain consistent between versions - but if there is a change, it is reported in the change list of the feature release. For example, some changes were made to API reports in FR25 and that was documented here.

Feature Release 25

REST API Reports

If you use a REST API request to display the Billing Details Report, many of the column names are improved and are now easier to read.

Feature Release 25

REST API Reports

If you use a REST API request to display the Billing Details Report, the PlanName and BasePlanName columns are removed.

You can use the Subclient Peak Usage Report (SPUR) to collect the plan names instead.

Subclient Peak Usage - Worldwide Report

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Damian Andre

Thanks for your quick answer !!