Solved

Report Client Monthly Growth report change from Monthly to Daily.

• 29 November 2021
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Is it possible to set the Client Monthly Growth Report to update the data not only monthly but daily ?
Somewhere there should be a schedule, which is set to monthly transfer of the data.

with kind regards

Thomas

icon

Best answer by Sean Crifasi 10 December 2021, 05:09

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Any scheduled report can be located and edited if you right click on the CS and choose view schedules.

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hello @Aplynx ,

I have already looked here but could not find a schedule for this.  I am talking about the data from the Webconsole report. Here the data changes only monthly and I can't find a setting option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@thomas.S , are you referring to a webconsole report that doesn’t have a definable time frame?  For metrics reports (on cloud) we update the data daily, though if the report itself can’t report on daily change, that’s another issue (and likely needs a CMR).

Want to be sure we are on the same page.

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hello @Mike Struening,

We would like to have a report that stores the data on the Commvault web server on a daily basis. This CSV file is then fetched for further processing by our colleagues from the cost center and charged to the individual departments that use a backup. This is probably not possible via the cloud portal, so it would have to be a report that can be accessed on the web console.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Appreciate the clarification, so you’re talking about your own report server, not Cloud.

You mentioned the cost center, so if I may, I want to rewind a bit to get to your end goal.

What kind of data do you need to produce on a daily basis?  Maybe there’s a better option for you that already exists.

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hello @Mike Struening,

We need a file in csv format that lists all systems that used a backup in one column. In column A is the name of the backup client and in column B how much data was currently backed up from this machine. This value should show the total usage until the end of the retention.
This file should be saved daily in a specified folder.
This is what we need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Have you looked at the Job Summary report (to make things extremely simple, since it already exists)?

You can schedule an output to csv and run it daily (exporting to a unc path as well).

Granted it has a lot more columns than you need, but you can ignore the extraneous stuff.

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hello @Mike Struening,

I looked at the Results report job in the web console. This report looks quite usable. I will adapt the report a bit and present it to my colleagues. I would get back to you with the results next week at the latest.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Awesome, glad that helped!  If it doesn’t meet your needs, let me know.  We have some many reports covering so many use cases that I’m sure we can help (and there’s always custom Report options).

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hello @Mike Struening

the job summary report from the web console does not look bad. However, the following would have to be adjusted. The Size on Media should only be displayed in GB. Currently it shows MB or TB depending on the size. How can I change this. In addition, the report would have to be rebuilt so that only VM name and size on media is displayed. For this I would like to clone the report. How can I create a duplicate of the report ? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@thomas.S ,

There should be an option to clone the report when you edit the report:

Open the report in question and select File → Edit.  In the report editor select File → Clone:

Also, in this report editor you should be able to make any necessary changes like removing irrelevant columns.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hello @JBuratti , 

I have cloned the report and tried to adapt it to our needs. Now I have the question how I can set the individual columns so that only Virtual Server is displayed for Agent? I have uploaded a screenshot. I am interested in the yellow marked field. 

with kind regards 

Thomas

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @thomas.S 

If you hover your mouse over the top right corner of that column you should see three dots > filter > then choose Virtual Server Agent to filter the column to show only the desired agent. 

This configuration can then be saved as a view or the settings can be retained via a scheduled report.

Kind Regards,
Sean