Solved

Report to show Commvault client certificate status

• 19 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

We recently had an issue where 1 client Commvault client certificate did not get renewed, our supported customer is a bit on edge and wants to get a report of all Commvault client certificates, when they were issued and their expiry date.

Understand that Commvault auto renews the certificate 2 weeks before expiry and the details I require can be found in the Commcell Console but need to understand if such a report can be created, either from the web console, the commcell console or via the Commvault CLI that can be created in a .csv or html format.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

icon

Best answer by Chris Hollis 19 August 2021, 07:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @TP Backup Team 

I had a quick look, can’t see a pre-built or custom report for this.

Unless you’re needing something scheduled regularly and emailed (which I can’t think of as to why you’d need this considering the certificate renewal process is meant to be seamless and we should be looking more at ‘how’ and ‘why’ this client had an issue in the first place...), you can do the following which should give you what you’re after:

Alternatively, you can raise a Change Modification Request via this form: https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/forms/?tab=0&workflowName=CreateCMR&workflowId=2756 and we can look at adding it to a future release.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Badge +1

Thanks for all the information Chris including the “overlooked” trick of right clicking in the columns area and clicking save to get the data.

Thanks also for posting the link to where you can log requests that can be reviewed and if approved included in future releases of Commvault.